New Look

Canada Line Bridge

For some time I have been thinking the blog needed a new look. For one thing I did not like the small size of the photos. I do recognize that a narrower column may be easier to read, but I prefer the new layout and I hope that I will be able to post more pictures and conversations.

For what is the use of a book without pictures or conversations, thought Alice

Feedback welcomed of course – and let me know if a page is not loading properly since the images in the old layout got resized automatically – these have to be done manually, which does take a bit longer

UPDATE Nov 30

I have worked back to the beginning of October – my word I am prolific – and I stopped there. But I did discover that the new format can handle one task – and I have to do is reset the width of the picture, and it now resizes and preserves the proportions. The old one used to screw up photos royally if you did not give it width and height. I have also deleted some notices of events that have now happened and cleaned up some poor quality imported html. I really would like a button that just cleaned out all the html tags automatically.

November 29, 2007 at 6:13 pm

Posted in Uncategorized

1. The sidebar was a bit weird earlier, but I like the new design. Looks quite clean and professional.

Paul Hillsdon

November 29, 2007 at 9:05 pm

2. Yes, that was the effect of the unresized pictures

I think I will have to go back through the archives and do a bit of work, but there are other, more promising avenues to explore at present

November 29, 2007 at 9:43 pm

3. Stephen, it looks very nice. I really like the look. It’s much cleaner looking. Although, you are right, it is a little hard to read this way, but I’ll just turn up the text size on my end. You could consider using a larger default font size. That would be a little easier for reading.

Always a pleasure to read, Stephen. Only sad how the future of transit in Vancouver is being affected by strictly political decisions.

Henry

November 30, 2007 at 9:30 am

4. I think I preferred the previous look. I especially liked the banner photo of the streetcar. Regardless, I come here for the content, not the look. 🙂 And the content is great.

Paul

November 30, 2007 at 11:29 am

5. Yes, Paul, I miss the blog topper too

Sorry Henry, it seems that in order to change anything I would have to learn all about Cascading Style Sheets and pay WordPress actual money! This blog does not cost me anything other than time – and it has no way of earning any actual revenue. So I am afraid you will have to just hit ctrl++

November 30, 2007 at 4:10 pm