Northern Voice

On Friday and Saturday I am at a conference for bloggers at UBC. Moderated comments may not appear until later – depending on how busy I get.

It is a high energy, fun place already – and there is to be another transit camp session and one on using blogs for social change. Interesting!

Northern Voice making a human graph

Lunchtime update

I got props from the CBC lady ( Lisa Johnson editor of Your Voice) – and from a real economist I think half the people here have ADD or as they probably like to think of “multi-tasking ability”. Their lap tops are open, but very few are blogging or making notes on what is going on. It is a bit like a party where people who are talking to you are also looking over your shoulder to see if there is someone more interesting just coming in. Though the people I have talked to have been all very polite and good company

Last time I looked there were over 1,000 photos of this event on flickr

Northern Voice standing around

February 22, 2008 at 10:50 am

Posted in blog update

Tagged with , ,

1. Hi Stephen,

Good to meet you today. Thanks for letting me play with your Eee PC.

When people have tagged their photos nv08 – http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/nv08 – the photo count goes down by 5,000!!

The tag you link to is from all conferences from all years.

Cheers,

Al

Al

February 22, 2008 at 10:39 pm

2. You are welcome – I will update my link for the benefit of those who do not read comments. I have also added you to the blog roll. Compost rules!

February 23, 2008 at 6:55 am

3. Al from Bokashiman.com is awesome. I met him at Vancouver Bloggers Meetup. And I would’ve met you in person today had I been at Northern Voice. But as you can see from my blog, my sleeping patterns are not good right now so that’s why I didn’t even try to sneak in (I didn’t register 😦 it was totally my fault).

Have a nice weekend Stephen. BTW, Eric Villagomez responded to my essay on EcoDensity, you may want to give it a read.

Best wishes.

Raul

February 23, 2008 at 6:56 pm

4. It was a pleasure meeting you today. I’ll definitely take you up on the offer of a ride to farther-away events. A girl on my bus tonight apparently commutes from Chilliwack to UBC! Ouch! I didn’t have the chance to interrupt and tell her about Rail for the Valley…

I hope I can see videos online of what I missed earlier in the day. After paying $40 to attend I really wish I’d been able to arrive earlier. Stupid buses. I just about died running for the bus after the conference.

February 23, 2008 at 9:21 pm

5. I am still trying to sort out all the stuff I got from the last two days. I suspect a lot of it has nothing to do with the stated purpose of this blog so I have started a new thread over on my other blog. One thing I am going to try there is a voice post. And of course there are more pictures on flickr too

And the pleasure was mine

February 23, 2008 at 9:34 pm