Weekly Photo Challenge: Scale

Downtown Vancouver aerial

“For this week’s challenge, make use of sizing, placement, and scale in your photos. Perhaps you live in a place with mountains, and want to highlight the size of the homes in relation to the dramatic landscape. ”

Downtown Vancouver has plenty of tall buildings – in fact quite a few taller ones now than when I took this picture in 2010 – but they are dwarfed by the Coast Mountains in the background. That’s Cypress Mountain in the middle of the skyline – this was in April but there was still snow on the ski runs.

Scale

Click on the image to be taken to the photo page on flickr. You can get a larger size if you like it – and you could, if you want to – click on the star to “fave” it.

October 11, 2017 at 9:37 am

1. This is the perfect photo for this challenge! I live in Victoria so I know this sight well!

Nova

October 11, 2017 at 1:50 pm

2. I visited my sister and her family in Vancouver. I guess I didn’t get to a place to see this gorgeous view of comparison. Excellent photo for the challenge!

Miriam Hurdle

October 11, 2017 at 4:12 pm

3. This picture was taken from the window of a plane on final approach coming in to Vancouver airport (YVR)

October 11, 2017 at 4:23 pm

4. Oh, no wonder you could get that view. I like taking photos from the plane also, especially the sunset above the clouds!

Miriam Hurdle